Lauren Conrad: 'I Never Intended for LA Candy To Hit The Big Screen'


Lauren Conrad, 23, talked with Usmagazine.com Tuesday at Lucky magazine and Madewell's Fall 2009 Denim Tour in Hollywood about the movie adaptation of her best-selling novel L.A. Candy .
She told Us she is "excited" to be an executive producer. "It's my new hat," she said. "I like hats, and I get to wear lots of them!"
She said she never intended for her book to hit the big screen.
"I was just hoping that the book did well," she said. "It's a little surreal, but it's cool!"
Life off The Hills "is nice," she said. "I'm a different kind of busy. I have more stress and deadlines at work than I do in my personal life."
At work on her third book, she said she hasn't had time to watch the current season of The Hills with Kristin Cavallari.
"I barely watched it when I was on it. I have commitment issues with shows," she said.
Conrad - who is dating My Boys actor Kyle Howard - added that she'll never star in another show about her personal life.
"I closed that door," she said. "We have been talking about some different stuff that's more fashion-related, so we'll see."
As for Stephanie Pratt (who was busted for DUI Oct. 18)?
"I just sent her well wishes," Conrad told Us. "She is doing fine."
credit - Us Weekly

Click here to see more photos of Lauren from this event